Happy Friday Everyone,
As we see the devastation in the south from floods, tornadoes and much more, I know that many of us are looking at how we can give back. This week’s featured blog is the Red Cross Blog. Find out what the Red Cross is doing to help people around the world, upcoming events, and much more. There is a Disaster News Portal, links to chapter blogs and twitter feeds, ways to donate funds and a twitter feed to see what everyone is saying about the Red Cross.
Here are a few other ways that you can help out with the disaster relief in the south:
* Text GIVE to 80888 to donate $10 to the Salvation Army and follow their blog for updates.
* Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross
* Text TORNADO to 50555 to donate $10 to United Way’s Tornado Disaster Fund
* Visit Conway of Hope’s website to see how you can help with their efforts.
* Visit Feedingamerica.org to see how you can donate to food banks in the area.
* Visit Savethechildren.org to see how you can help with efforts to help out children in the area.
* Contact the ASPCA to see how you can help out animals that may need food and supplies.
* If you live nearby, see how you can volunteer at a shelter, food bank or other organization that is aiding with the disaster relief efforts.
There are plenty of ways that we can help out and most of these great organizations have blogs that you can follow to give you ideas on how to help out people in need in your community.