Many of us will be hitting the road this weekend for the Fourth of July. In fact, AAA predicts that nearly 39 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more over this holiday weekend. From viewing fireworks, camping or hitting your favorite amusement parks, Americans are searching for the perfect trip for their three day weekend.
Yahoo! Travel listed their top 8 destinations for 4th of July Festivities:
1) New York City: This year is the 35th annual Macy’s 4th of July fireworks
2) Boston: Enjoy listening to the Boston Pops Orchestra before the fireworks display.
3) Lahaina, Maui: view a huge fireworks display beach side.
4) Ft. Worth, TX: Enjoy Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic and Throwdown
5) San Francisco: Be a part of the 4th of July waterfront celebration along the San Francisco Bay
6) New Orleans: Celebrate “Go 4th on the River” with partying along the waterfront and a fireworks display set off form the “Dueling Barges.”
7) Washington DC: Enjoy a parade along the National Mall which is followed by fireworks on the National Mall.
8) South Lake Tahoe: “Lights on the Lake”, it is ranked one of the five best fireworks displays in the nation by the American Pyrotechnics Association.
Here’s some recommendations from Travelzoo for some last minute 4th of July getaways:
Happy 4th of July to all our travelers! What are your plans for this weekend? What is your favorite destination to view fireworks?